PointLeader Performance Measure
The PointLeader Performance Measure (PPM) is the online performance appraisal tool within PointLeader. It is based on the best research and practices in performance measurement. We urge you to review Dr. Davies’ research articles and blogs on models and measures of job performance measurement in order to understand the basis for the PPM.
- The PPM measures only those aspects of an employee’s job that are important to success.
- The PPM is linked to the US DOL job archives; it has been successfully used and validated for measuring performance for every job family in the US workforce.
- The PPM makes it easy for employees and their managers to make accurate and clear performance ratings. Employees provide input to which competencies are measured through their competency ratings on the Competency Profiler, which increases employee acceptance of the performance rating process.
- Performance ratings are made on five behavioral anchors that define performance on each competency, giving employees useful and specific developmental feedback, and reliable change scores for measuring development progress on each competency.
- Competency based performance ratings are aligned to employee goals, with goal attainment metrics included with the PPM as a client option.
- The reporting function provides an understandable basis for defining performance rewards and professional development.
- The PPM results are aligned to the PointLeader Learning Management module for guiding employee development on critical competencies through online classrooms.
PointLeader Performance Reports
Dr. Davies and his team continue to work with the end in mind–reports that a person will and can use to take charge of their own job performance. We have worked with experts in the field to evaluate current solutions for reporting and data visualization using report quality, cost and system requirements as our criteria. Our reporting solutions now include the standard PointLeader performance reports provided as pdf files through the PointLeader portal, or sent to users via email. These reports provide static graphs of employee performance over time, or within a group, on critical job competencies. Developmental feedback is provided with key behavioral anchors. Goal attainment is included as a system option.
In order to provide our users with control over flexible reporting options, Dr. Davies worked with our partners at NAMC, Cityon, and Ascent to develop an online, interactive reporting solution using the Eclipse BIRT open source business intelligence software. Please call or write for more information on this